
About the Business
Wardle & Keach has been in operation for over 120 years, beginning in 1890 as a small family firm. Albert Wardle came to Kettering to manage Liptons and soon after, in early 1900, he went into partnership with a local coal haulage owner. Upon the death of the previous owner, Albert began to trade alone and began operating under the name of Messrs A Wardle & Son in 1905. Albert's son Harold took over from his Father and ran the business independently until the 1920s.
Meanwhile, George Keach moved to Kettering and began to trade in the same business, initially using horse drawn carriages to haul coal before progressing to general haulage in 1912 after the purchase of a few steam traction engines. His business passed to his son Charles and continued to trade independently until the 1920s.
Location & Hours

Clifford Hill Mill/Clifford Hill
Write a Review
Recently Viewed Listing
Kington Park
In total there is c26,000 t2. The site has an interesting history having ...